Diamond Mines of the World: Active Diamond Mines
List of Active Diamond Mines
All Contents Copyright © 2009 AllAboutGemstones.com
Currently there are eleven major 'diamond producing' nations, and a host of other counties with operational and/or historic alluvial, open pit, and hard rock diamond mines. There are also several African nations with ongoing off-shore dredging/vacuming operations.
These lists also contains new project explorations, mining operator info, mining industry inside news, links to satellite images of the mines (where available), and any relevant geographic data.
- Catoca Diamond Mine: Fourth largest diamond mine in world. Kimberlite pipe. map
- Fucauma Diamond Mine: Newly constructed. Owned by Endiama (40%) & Trans Hex (35%).
- Luarica Diamond Mine: Owned by Endiama (38%) & Trans Hex (32%).
- Luzamba Diamond Mine: Angola's largest alluvial mine, Endiama (50%), Odebrecht (50%). map
- Damtshaa Diamond Mine: (water for a tortoise) New open pit mine. De Beers / Botswana. map
- Jwaneng Diamond Mine: (place of small stones) richest mine in world. De Beers/Botswana. map
- Letlhakane Diamond Mine: ("little reeds") second oldest of four - De Beers / Botswana. map
- Orapa Diamond Mine: (resting place for lions) Largest/oldest of four - DeBeers/Botswana. map
- Bakwanga Mine: (aka Bushima•e, Lubilash) Alluvial river mines in Kasa•. MIBA. map
- ForminiŹre Diamond Mine: Alluvial mine located on the River Tshikapa, in Kasa• - closed. map
- Letseng Diamond Mine: Open-cast mine in Maluti Mountains 70 km from Mokhotlong. map
- Elizabeth Bay Mine: Open-cast mine in Namib desert, south of Lźderitz. Namdeb. map
- Orange River (Daberas) Mines: Orange River alluvium. Namdeb Namib Gov. map
- Marine Mining: Namco Mining operates a dredging fleet off the west coast of Namibia. map
- Magna Egoli Mine: Largest mechanized mine in Sierra Leone. Waldman Resources, Israel. map
- Koidu-Sefadu Mines: Subsistence digging in alluvium pits west of Koidu. map
- Koidu Open Pit Mines: Kimberlite open-pit mines just south of Koidu. map
- Baken Diamond Mine: Located along Orange River in North Cape, So Africa. Trans Hex. map
- Cullinan Diamond Mine: Open Pit/Hard Rock diamond mine owned by De Beers. map
- Finsch Diamond Mine: Finsch is an open-pit mine near Lime Acres, De Beers operated. map
- Kimberley Diamond Mine: Started in 1871, the Kimberley Open Pits closed in 2005. map
- Koffiefontein Diamond Mine: The Koffiefontein mine opened in 1870. Closed in 2006. map
- The Oaks Diamond Mine: In Limpopo province. Open-pit mine De Beers operated. map
- Venetia Diamond Mine: Limpopo, produces over 40% of world's gem-quality diamonds. map
- Williamson Diamond Mine: (aka Mwadui mine) Open Pit mine. 75% De Beers ownership map
- Murowa Diamond Mine: Open Pit & Underground mine. 75% De Beers ownership. map
- River Ranch Diamond Mine: Open Pit & Underground mine. 75% De Beers ownership. map
- Argyle Diamond Mine: Largest producer in world, mostly industrial grade. Rio Tinto. map
- Cempaka Diamond Mines: Alluvials mined by indigenous artisanal Kalimantan miners. map
- Diavik Diamond Mine: The Diavik diamond mine is located in the NWT. map
- Ekati Diamond Mine: Canada's first diamond mining operation, located in NWT. map
- Panna Diamond Mine: Alluvial mine in state of Madhya Pradesh. map
- Aikhal GOK Mine: Three open-pit kimberlite pipe mines: Aikhal, Jubilee, and Sytykan. map
- Anabar GOK Mine: The norther most location of Russia's diomond mines. map
- Jubilee (Yubileinaya) Mine: Newer open-pit kimberlite mine near Udachny. Alrosa.
- Mirna Mine: Largest diamond deposit in Russia and one of the largest in the world. map
- Udachnaya (Udachny) Pipe Mine: One of the deepest diamond mines in the world. map
Copyright © 2012 AllAboutGemstones.com. All rights reserved.